View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 03:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
I think your assessment of the situation is correct. What are we to do?

Quote:
My humanist side somewhow desire that genes have less difference than some scientist conjecture in terms of race difference for social problems. I really want that all the problems be just culture values. But I must also be rational and accept that we need science research to be able to tell it that's true or not, instead of judge just by my feelings.
In addition to Uncle Jordan, pay attention to R. Buckminster Fuller.
Quote:
Think of it. We are blessed with technology that would be indescribable to our forefathers. We have the wherewithal, the know-it-all to feed everybody, clothe everybody, and give every human on Earth a chance. We know now what we could never have known before - that we now have the option for all humanity to make it successfully on this planet in this lifetime. Whether it is to be Utopia or Oblivion will be a touch-and-go relay race right up to the final moment.
There's pages of this stuff! Of course, some of it is a little harder to live up to
Quote:
You don't belong to you. You belong to the Universe and you're here to serve.
And there's the always popular:
Quote:
The vector equilibrium is the true zero reference of the energetic mathematics. Zero pulsation in the vector equilibrium is the nearest approach we will ever know to eternity and god: the zero phase of conceptual integrity inherent in the positive and negative asymmetries that propagate the differentials of consciousness.
Without freedom of speech we wouldn't know who all the idiots are. -- anonymous poster