View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #5633 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
So - if money isn't Property, you can give me all your money?

I think we can agree that Money is not Speech.
Physical currency is the property of the government, which is why intentionally destroying it is against the law.

I suppose money could be considered property in the sense that there's other things like intellectual property that have value. Something intangible yet valuable. The problem is that if it is property, it isn't defined. Money represents options until it's exchanged for something concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Can we put a corporation in prison? Can we execute a corporation? Does a corporation get the right to vote? When does the corporation get jury duty?

Corporations are a creation of the State, and they originally were intended to do one thing, and then dissolved.
Corporations can be sued and killed. Those responsible for the corporations can be held accountable.

The problem isn't corporations, or the legal status as an individual; the problem is lack of accountability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Their conclusion was that single-use, flimsy disposable plastic bags are the best option in terms of environmental and climate costs (however, the Ministry's analysis did not factor in marine life impacts of these bags, which are severe).

I recycle plastic bags that don't get reused.

So is Bitcoin speech? Asking for a friend.
I've suspected those plastic bags were the best solution, as it was created by a free market to solve a problem using minimal resources.

Recycled plastic bags clog up the sorting machinery and are ultimately thrown away. In fact, most plastic is discarded because there's too many types of plastic, and they aren't easily sortable.

My bags don't end up in the ocean because my garbage service doesn't dump their garbage in the ocean, and it would be more expensive to do so since I don't live near the ocean. 0% of my plastic bags have ended up in the ocean.

Money is convertible into whatever you want. It can be converted into direct speech, or indirectly say something through the transaction. Bitcoin is no different in this regard.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-17-2019 at 02:15 PM..