View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
This past weekend, a friend and I drove from Wisconsin to North Carolina. He purchased an electric truck, using an investor's money.

Here's an interesting bit of the story for you at my blog...
https://300mpg.org/2019/04/13/electric-truck-road-trip/

Long story short, we WERE able to jump start it! It also has power doors (back and side) and we were able to get power to those to open it up and look inside.

The box is 18' long and the interior height varies between 6'8" and 7'2", depending on where you are. An above average height guy could still stand upright and have some headroom even if a couple inches of insulation were put in the ceiling.

The interior has some really nice super heavy duty shelves designed for carrying deliveries. The ones on the left are wider and built in place. The ones on the right fold up and out of the way if needed.

I joked that the truck already could sleep 6 no problem, and demonstrated on one of the shelves.

Anyways...
THIS is the type of truck that I think would be really cool to build out possibly as an RV. It would also be great as some sort of mobile classroom. Perhaps a MakerSpace could really benefit from something like this. Load it up with 3d printers and the like and drive it to local schools, events, libraries, etc.!

Trucks tend to use 24V battery systems. This one has TWO sets of 24V batteries. If a person wanted to install solar on it, the best way to go might just be a simple 24V system and use it to charge the house batteries. That's exactly what many RVs do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GH010245.MP4.Still001.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	27563  

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
thingstodo (04-18-2019), Xist (05-15-2019)