View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Peakster
Master EcoModder

Red Jeep Patriot - '07 Jeep Patriot
90 day: 25.14 mpg (US)

Beige Ford Ranger - '95 Ford Ranger XLE
When school ends, I'm going to start riding my bike and my goal is to be able to free myself from automobiles completely (yes, I'm giving serious thought to selling both the Geo and Gloria). I know it will be exceptionally difficult, which is so odd because I did survive without a car before age 16.

I would like to do some video blogs about experiences of weaning myself from automobile culture as I'll need all the support I can get (87% of all Reginians use a personal vehicle for commuting, so it's gonna be a radical change).

Remember: my Geo has cost me $560 a month since I purchased it a year and a half ago, plus the Tempo which has cost me $192 a month, even with the little amount I've driven it. Choosing to ride my bicycle and walking would save me at least $752 a month as no doubt gas prices are going to rise more.

A blog on this site would really connect myself with others and hopefully prove to viewers that living without a car in a suburbia-designed city like Regina is in fact possible.

Last edited by Peakster; 01-18-2008 at 01:37 AM..