View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #177 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
I have a bad habit of making things too complex…

I decided to not relocate the tail lights to the bumper, at least not right now. I have another project that can reuse the lights I bought if I don’t need them. That saves some work.

I started working on the subframe to mount my new bumper on yesterday. Removed the stock bumper and other pieces so I could more accurately measure and layout my design, marked everything, and put it back so the vehicle can still be used. With some luck I will get some fabrication done this week.

I “completed” (done enough to use) my 48” 40 Ton Press Brake and tested it by putting a 90 degree test bend in ¼” aluminum plate 46” long. The bend was successful and the brake worked well. It will get used first for my skid plate/belly pan work once I finish my rear bumper.

I am going back and forth on a design for a new small add on boat tail on the Suburban, staying above the tail lights. I want to make it where it hinges from the top to move out of the way of the barn doors, but I am having a hard time designing a hinge or pivot system that is out of the airflow, won’t bind, and will clear the doors.

MPG has been slowly climbing with outside air temperature, last tank was 24.55.
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
slowmover (04-23-2019)