View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #53 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Most of the comments in the previous post apply to any RV or Tiny House.

Range is the big question.
Mainstream people used to think of even the idea of an electric car being ridiculous, yet today, many of us drive EVs on a daily basis.

With existing technology right now, probably the best use for an all electric "live-in" vehicle would be to have some sort of semi-permanent home for it on vacation land in a reasonable distance to other eco-touristy areas (state parks, public lands, etc.)

Right now, I have some friends who own unimproved land on a lake. It's got some nice lake frontage, but no electricity. They don't have a trailer or any permanent building there. There's a (free) DC Fast charger only a few miles from there, and several state parks and natural areas within EV range.

Something along those lines would probably be best use for such a vehicle. I can imagine lots of people who would be interested in such a rental.

In New Zealand, there's a company that has an all electric RV. On their rental page, they have an itinerary of a suggested touring route, including charging locations and various places to stay. Sounds like a nice way to travel, if you ask me!
https://www.britzev.com

Again, really throwing ideas around more than anything.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos