Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #1156 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
WHICH core software? Canbus , power and charger/batteries are hacked. Afaik, nobody cares about the infotainment. That leaves only autopilot which could be attacked through infotainment.
The CANbus signals have been interpreted and reproduced, right? No one is claiming to have Dis-assembled the Tesla code, then changed a little bit, and flashed it back onto the original chips. If they have, I'd like to read about it, watch videos, etc!

Damien McGuire replaces the control boards to get the controllers and chargers to function. EVTV sends CANbus signals and has some hardware to fake hard-wired signals (like the High voltage interlock). Again, if someone has dis-assembled (or even got the code out of the non-labelled and perhaps proprietary chips) Tesla's firmware - please publish!

I don't have references .. so it is possible that I thought some of the autopilot sensor signals have been hacked .. but maybe not .. the description that I remember is that they appear to be semi-intelligent sensors sending raw, un-processed data.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
freebeard (05-03-2019), RedDevil (05-03-2019)