View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #228 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I recall someone on IC making shims to correct the rear alignment, but there's no factory adjustment. It being off could be from worn bushings.

Nice mileage!
Cool, I'll have to look into bushing replacements and shims, etc. Thanks for the heads up on that.

On the way to work each day (about 3.5 miles) has a lot more down-hill than going back home, so it's the way back that always drops me back to reality (lol). When I had IMA on my old tires, on the warm summer mornings, I was able to get 120+ (even a few 130's) to work.

I'm thankful to live in such a small area with such limited traffic. Makes getting good MPG on the daily drives much easier, as I have all the traffic lights pretty well memorized and know when to take back roads to avoid heavier traffic (which means harder to predict lights, basically). I'm sure my higher-than-average city MPG has much to do with the lack of ever seeing "bumper to bumper" traffic. Worst thing that can happen around here is a train blocks you for a bit. (those are the times I miss the IMA for nothing more than the auto stop and start!)

I'm very excited to see what kind of MPG, daily driving and the occasional highway trips, comes out of these new tires! I've got nearly all the other mods I can do at this point for aerodynamics (minus some work under the car and adjustable grill block), so I knew my tires were the weakest link.