View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
But you would be surprised. These are the same law makers that don't know how to use smart phones or the internet for the most part.
* insert cringe facebook hearing questions *
Seems like 95% of hollywood and political office are completely out of touch with the common man.
Also, trust me. No point in pointing the finger to screw everyone else too down to the same level. The DOT registration on commercial vehicles already does that.
I think the biggest issue here is a lot of these states voted at the beginning of the year already and passed... and we the people never heard about it for the most part until now.
I mean at least for me in AR, that brings the savings between a new Nissan Leaf my 2010 Prius down to ~$15 a month. At that point, what's the point?
*insert big oil lobbyist here*
Plus, you have to think. Besides being smooth talkers, most politicians usually aren't very qualified to vote on most topics... But they do it. And we pay them. And we smile anyways.