View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #73 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
This project has been interesting so far.

Again, keep in mind that it was basically a friend saying "Ya wanna go on a road trip to get an electric truck?"

I wasn't the one planning it out or anything. Just a helping out a friend. An electric RV is just one of several ideas for a truck like this.

Unfortunately, the truck did NOT fit on the trailer, and there were a number of other issues that limited what we could do. So, we removed the batteries and brought those home, with the idea of getting the truck later when we COULD properly transport it, or at least strip off all the EV components.

I know... Everyone is going to say "What a shame! It worked!", but you know what's a real shame? The truck just sitting forever in a junk yard with nobody buying it, no one ever knowing if it worked or not, and it never being used at all.

A big part of this project was just to see what condition the trucks were in and see if one could work, be useful etc., that MORE of them could then be purchased and sold, used as parts for conversions, turned into RVs and Food Trucks, and be put back on the road.

But first we needed to get back home.
And we wanted to do that WithOUT going empty-handed.

So here's your cringe-worth video of us REMOVING the batteries!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
easythereturbo (05-17-2019)