View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
hat_man
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
Not to go off track but......

How in the world can you call anyone making $250k a year "poor"? That's the equivalent of $125 an HOUR before taxes. And some people are complaining about raising the minimum wage??? The $20-$25/hour factory worker that probably made most of the cars we drive (and mod) is only making 1/3 of that and their unions are under attack from these same "corporate interests" because they want even cheaper labor. That coupled with the fact that the Big 3 are outsourcing jobs overseas and to Mexico while laying off workers doesn't support the idea that the tax cuts they received are creating jobs. It did succeed in raising corporate profits and the ability to buy back their own stock. Good for the corporation, but not for the common man.

Redpoint5 you seem to be a believer in the "horse and oats" theory, but show me any time in recorded history that it has succeeded for the common man. Show me where a corporation has decreased the price of US made goods after increased profits from either sales or tax reduction. That may make for a more compelling argument.

If the Mod's think I have crossed a line with this post please let me know and I will immediately remove it and make any necessary apologies.