View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
Hi folks.

We recently sold our 2012 Town and Country and went down to an 07 Honda Odyssey (this was able to eliminate our payment: I hate car payments.) The Honda is also pretty much trouble free and the Chrysler was starting to throw some red flags.

Anyway: The Odyssey doesn't get the fuel economy the Chrysler did (no VVT), and it makes me ache to figure the mileage and come up with about 20. Granted my wife has a lead foot, but I would still like to make it better.

I'm going to play with a WAI, and maybe a front air dam and grille block, any other suggestions that will be relatively hard to see. My wife has something of an appearance stigma, she hates my Geo because it looks old and "Junky," so I need to keep the van looking fair close to factory.

Before it's suggested I'm already planning plugs, wires, O2 sensor, and new tranny fluid as the previous owner didn't have any records on any of it, and they (should be) cheap to do just because.
Shouldn't be any plug wires, they're coil on plug.

I wouldn't do an O2 unless it's throwing a code.

Up tire pressure and when it's time, get some LRR tired. That's the low hanging fruit. Some underbody panels will help but not as much as driving a little slower.