View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
If you look up any top 10, 15 or 20 worst vehicles type article jeep Chrysler, fiat usually make up at least a third to around around half that list.
Going from a 2012 t and c down to a 2007 honda was definitely an upgrade imo.
You didn't juat eliminate a car payment, you potentially eliminated 2, to Chrysler people they don't sell their old one until the monthly repair bill starts to look like the payment.
If you're unlucky you get an occasional repair bill that becomes more regular while you still are paying the damn thing off.
I disagree, we have a 2011 Chrysler with 85k on it and not one single problem. It's only on it's 2nd set of brakes and tires, change the oil only once a year, couple air filters, couple wiper blades. As the OP found out, the 3.6 pentstar may be one of the best standard v6s ever made for economy and power, but we have had a Dodge minivan in every generation since 1988 and never have had a big problem. I also tend to buy used, our current van was a rental car first, so having a van with over 200k on it has been the norm. We did blow a headgasket on a 1990 once but drove it for a week that way, and when we did get it fixed it was one day and $400. I've had Honda buddies lose an ignition module and be dead in the water with a $500 bill, or something simple like and idle air controller take the whole van down and be a $500 bill in the end. You can still buy the "classic" Grand Caravan brand new for $22,000 which is such a deal for what you get. 6 speed, almost 300 hp, 7 passenger, cargo room better than a suburban, ability to pull 30mpg on a tank.