View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #191 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Bass response in the door speakers was pathetic until I mounted my speakers to the door frame and completely sealed it. Most bass was coming from the rear deck.

Of course, I have a sub now so I can compensate but the character of the system changed a lot.
Definitely. I'd have a hard time living without a sub as it is! There's a ton one can do to improve the front end on these cars, for sure. Definitely not saying a rear speaker is worthless, just that tweets on the dash add a lot to the front end that I prefer instead of the rear speakers.

On another note, I do really want to design and 3D print a pod for the corners on the dash/pillars that would house a tweet and a 3 or 4 inch midrange. This would MASSIVELY improve the sound and make it easy for anybody to replicate. It's the design part that's gonna be a challenge for me (curves on the dash, up to the window, and the pillar? I'm not that cool at Sketchup). It would take some serious door speaker upgrades to supply the mid to low end to really make this setup shine, however. And some MDF (or dense plastic) rings directly to the door is definitely the right way to do it!

The Following User Says Thank You to NoD~ For This Useful Post:
Ecky (06-06-2019)