View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #307 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Why does that 1st Gen insight engine bay look sooo short? Was the image compressed somehow ir is it an optical illusion caused by that relatively large K-engine?
A little of both, I think. Here's a pic of the original bay, and another with the new engine:

The Insight's ECA1 engine is essentially an L series, it's a short stroked version of the Fit engine, with one cylinder lopped off. The Fit has a very tall but not deep engine bay. It's actually relatively hard to shoehorn a K series engine into the bays of older 90's Hondas which used D series engines because the bays are not tall enough - those engines had less height, and tended to have long, low engine bays. The oil pans end up hanging low under the cars. In the case of the CRX, you actually have to cut a hole in the hood to close it, whereas there's still plenty of vertical clearance in mine.

While the weather was nice today I put the interior of the car back together a bit and gave it a bath. Not too shabby for 250k miles.

Camera-mirrors are going back on soon!

I find it helps very much for me to keep my car clean, it seems to affect how positively I feel about it.

Last edited by Ecky; 06-09-2019 at 07:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (06-13-2019)