View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:48 AM   #55 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Neither the head nor the block are at top dead center and they are not at the same degree, either. I could use that tool to line up the head with the mark I have on the timing belt, but I think it would be easier just to bring both to TDC separately.

It is not a big deal, just frustrating that I need to wait for a new tool, although I could have used it with previous projects.

Also it seems the HX has a thicker intake manifold than other submodels, or just the ones that I have seen had aftermarket ones. I wish that I could get a video of putting the nut in the middle of the manifold, the space is only about an inch square, it is a pain just to get it in position without dropping it. I think that I bought ratcheting wrenches just because of this. Even so, I only get about two or three clicks, and then I need to bring it back, and I need to keep my finger on it most of the time so that it stays tight.

I swear that it took half an hour.

It would have been even worse without a random tip that I recently picked up from Shouty. I put a piece of plastic bag between the nut and wrench like a gasket and it held it in place.

Well, I hope that everything is going well for everyone else. Please take care.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (06-11-2019)