View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #883 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
The only real trouble spot might be the wheel bearings on the trailer, but if they get repacked every spring it should be ok. Worst case scenario, a full set of 4 bearings for a small boat trailer is probably $15
I will say swapping to car tires and synthetic grease will alleviate those issues. Plus I don't go past 65 mph. My last trailer I swapped from 8" trailer tires to 14" wheels with the Michelin Defenders off of my Civic. Blew two brand new 8" tires in 1200 miles and I said "**** that".

For fun when the time comes I think I may swap to 14" re92's or just do some 13" civic tires on the oem wheels. But I think a trailerable cover and REALLY low rolling resistance tires would be sweet for Prius towing.

If you wanna talk about cheap boating man. The 15' aluminum boat I have with the 30 hp Yamaha is a cheap trip! Get some cheap beer, 50:1 walmart no ethanol and walmart oil, maybe use 4.5 gallons of gas to go about 40-50 miles in the boat to go from town to town up the river then come back. Trip ends up being less than $25 for the day. Thats also with a 80 mile round trip of driving.

On the opposite spectrum we have my friend with his wakeboard boat with a 50 gallon gas tank who will fill up at the marina for $225 each time he uses it.

Last edited by hayden55; 06-13-2019 at 05:56 PM..