View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Well, I would like to see what uncle Jordan.P would say about it...
Expend such money in a very pricey thing for a woman.

Would he say : What if man would demand such pricey thing as a symbol of love?

About hierarchy... couldn't we have hierarchy about less stupid and more noble things, like winsdom, intelligence, gifts, knowledge?

Use our Homo Sapiuens nature as excuse it's a dangerous things, since things like murder instint, rape instint and even torture, also belongs to human nature.
Must I remamber that human nature it's a sh...t ?
Uncle Jordan would say something along the lines of the fact that we can imagine a way that is better than it is, to conceptualize that better way using language, and to act toward that end is evidence of the divine individual, and gives rise to purpose and meaning. It would be a 90 min discussion going back several million years, with plenty of tangent thoughts along the way.

I would argue that rape and murder isn't necessarily intrinsic to humanity, but manifest in a few. I've not been tempted to do either, for instance, though the underlying motivation exist within me (anger, lust). Anyhow, merely observing and reporting how things work is not dangerous. Pointing out that hierarchy exists in other animals, and is useful for organizing behavior isn't dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
You're describing my life, except it's a mega-rare Airstream instead of a cave.
You have dreams of projects to complete, and of Arcimotos to own. You've got a bicycle and use that to facilitate exploring your surroundings. You have internet that allows you to explore intellectual pursuits. You're not satisfied to live in a cave and ponder to yourself.

I lived in the back of a Subaru for nearly two years by choice. Perhaps we both can be satisfied with fewer things than most, but we still have dreams which involve acquisition of things, and at the very least not losing what we already have.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!