View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #227 (permalink)
19bonestock88
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
I frickin' love this meanwell unit.

I have the voltage set to output 14.5 volts at base load. With load at night this varies between 14.0 and 14.5 volts, according to the Scangauge.

This car can easily support the base load + radio running as low as 900 RPM, and most of the time when running at 800-850 RPM. As is, the car must be at 1200 RPM or higher for at least 2.5 seconds for the meanwell to power on. Once it does, it maintains at least 14.0 volts down to the RPM levels I mentioned. Didn't use headlights today but radio and power windows + base load work at those low RPMs with no rectifier bypass. This is charging my 12V much better than the stock DC-DC did.

That fan is still too noisy lol.

Mileage was also a bit higher today, but it was also finally warm - 80s out, so that may be the contributing factor. Got almost 90 MPG over 80-ish miles doing pizza delivery and over 110 mpg on my drive to work and back.

The car definitely accelerates a bit faster with all the IMA stuff gone from the back, and climbs hills with less throttle.

Got autostop once today with leanburnminactivationspeed on the arduino IMA bypass set to 25 (20 mph). It almost autostopped 3 other times. Didn't get autostop when the parameter was set to 30 (25 mph). Going to try setting it to 26 (21 mph) and see if I can find the lowest value that doesn't give me any autostop. This may take me a while because I EOC to 90% of my stops.
Why don’t you want autostop if you’re EOCing to a stop anyway?

My last Ecotec project...