View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
I have 6 sets of Nokian WRG3/4 on my cars today, but it's hard to compare to previous tires. I do spin at intersections when wet in the Cobalts but maybe that's just me. Spun the bosses Camry Manual this morning when wet in front of a LEO, a challenger went by first at a 4 way stop followed by 3 with lights on in pursuit , 4th waved me by. The 2010 has a fairly fresh tires and last tank set it's PBR, next one will probably be better.

Winter they are great. Other than maybe trying Toyo Celsius I can't see buying anything else offered today for where I live and not wanting to do winter/summer swap.
I didn`t know Nokian was selling in rhe USA. But... not an LRR tire, the Nokian WR G3 & G4, I think. Their best LRR tire seems unavailable in the USA. That is, of course, a trend: North America does not get the best stuff. It seems the Michelin Energy Saver A/S is OEM on the Chevy Bolt in North America. Michelin says its "E-V" tire (EU) is 20% more efficient than the Energy Saver A/S. Michelin claims that creates a 6% range difference. Bolts can go further in the EU. Too bad, America.

Impossible. Frustrating.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.