View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #334 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,511 Times in 1,551 Posts
Starting to see returns on my tuning - last tank was ~45mpg, rather than ~40. Not great, but not terrible for what it is, and considering I still don't have a 6th gear.

Currently on my radar are:

0) Lean burn tuning.

1) Get the evap system working - I have RSX, Insight and Accord EGR valves to choose from. The RSX valve does not fit onto my Accord throttle body, and the hose size it uses is smaller than what's in the car, but it matches the ECU and wiring harness. The Insight and Accord valves both have the correct hose size. Once I get the valve plumbed in, I need to move all of the currently orphaned pins on the Insight body harness related to the evap system to their correct places on the RSX ECU.

2) Get cruise control working. Currently I need to add a relay to the brake switch (to break continuity and disable cruise when brake is pressed) and then test - it's probably ready to go otherwise.

3) Finish air conditioning wiring.

4) Get coolant temperature gauge working.

5) I was looking at wiring diagrams and found the pin that goes from the Insight ECU to cluster and carries whatever signaling is needed for the FCD (fuel consumption display) to work, but still don't know what it carries. I plan to play with this (maybe ground it out and see if anything happens) but I doubt I'll get the FCD working accurately any time soon. In the mean time, I ordered a ScanGauge-E from the Ecomodder store.

I don't think the ScanGauge will be able to take into account lean burn though?

Last edited by Ecky; 07-01-2019 at 09:59 AM..