View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
IIRC the Bridgestone Ecopias and Michelin Energy Savers were tested to be best for fuel economy on the Prius, outperforming other LRR tires by close to 2 mpg, and non LRR tires by more...
It's worth pointing out that these two are the companies making LRR tires that get the best LRR ratings in the EU tire rating system. But right there alongside them in Europe is a Nokian LRR tire. All the others pale in comparison. I think people in the USA interested in LRR tires might wanna experiment with Nokians when/if the price is right relative to the better known Bridgestones and Michelins. Currently I am on a used pair of old Firestone LRRs and a pair of non-name, non LRR tires. They came with my 12 lb MINI rims with a lot of tread left. So I am running them out. Better tires would be awesome, but it ain't green or economical to trash perfectly good tires.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.