View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
S Keith
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
Sounds like this may have been a blessing in disguise. The Camry has become our favorite for long distance travel and it would not be fun to find ourselves stuck on the side of the road a couple hundred miles from home. Here's what the bottom of the Camry's battery looks like.

Do you have any experience with alternative modules like Bumblebee's BeeMax or these cylindrical modules? I'll probably just replace my bad modules for now, but I wouldn't mind spending more next time if it'll give me many years of worry free service.
Did you find the source of the leak? What is atypical in your picture is the LACK of staining immediately around one of the mounting holes in the bottom - the most common place to fail. I would guess that one of your modules failed at a plastic weld or an edge.

One thing about a P0AA6 - most OBDII readers - even the cheapest - can clear that code and allow start. P0AA6 does not shut the car down, but once the coded is sensed and the driver is alerted, the car will not restart after the next power-off. A 12V disconnect for 2 minutes will typically enable restart. I have witnessed drivers do this for up to 6 months in order to avoid the expense of a battery replacement. They stop when the battery deteriorates to the point that a weak block or P0A80 code is thrown.

I have no experience with the BeeMax cells.