View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
I work the maximum hours I can without being burned out, and nearly every store around here has "help wanted" in its window. Most businesses which provide services are booked out for months due to lack of skilled (or sometimes even unskilled) labor - I can't find anyone I can pay to put siding on my house, for instance. Last time I tried to drop off donations, they said I'd have to come back on the weekend because they can't find laborers to accept drop-offs. If I wanted a second job I could start within 24 hours making bagels for $15 an hour (a lot less than I make), within walking distance of my house, but I just don't have it in me to work any more than I do.

Guess that's what we get for living with our brutal climate. Nobody wants to move here, even when there's work. Somehow I don't mind the 5 months of snow and occasional 30-40 below zero weather, but it certainly would be nice to have winters as mild as Oregon or Arizona's.

EDIT: Regarding the original post, just another $80 book on how to get rich selling $80 books. This scam is as old as time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
rmay635703 (07-19-2019)