View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
conor_v
EcoModding Lurker

Jerry - '11 Chevrolet Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Most people find actual conservation an affront to their lifestyle and are easily offended by anything that isn’t done exactly the same way they would do it.

I have 2 nearby picky neighbors in a tift because one fills the whole front yard (all 8’ of it) with flowers and pots and whatnot, which resulted in the town getting a complaint (assumably from the other neighbor) cause pots can’t be a certain distance from road or lot line.
Other neighbor has a complaint against them now because their “hedge plants” are too close as well and it goes back and forth.

Nothing like mental mudgets fighting a war and what’s worse is that the town loves and encourages neighbors to behave that way and enjoys sending the white van out to provide guidance on how they should alter their landscaping, if the town beautification person could spend their entire week doing this they would be in 7th heaven.

They gave up on me, I have only grass now and have been forced to apply roundup around my foundation and pull any vegetation near the foundation because of complaints that weeds were growing between my step and sidewalk, I removed my one bush and keep everything mowed down, since obviously it’s real ecological to apply roundup because some might see a strand of 6” + vegistation and that would be very disturbing.
That is absurd. I'm sorry to hear. People can be so petty about the dumbest things and I think it is because they probably have nothing better to be doing other than complaining about someone else. Just let people do what makes them happy so long as it is not hurting someone else is my motto.