View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Well, in that video the guy also add a lot of condiments before and after cook it in low temperatures for 18 hours. He only regrets that he had cut off too much of the fat. So you must keep a little more fat than he did.

Be carefull to keep note of the condments he used.
He also used a tourch to roast the surface in the final steps.

Today I did some vegan hamburgers that got pretty yummy, tastefull. I used soy texturized protein, some okara (solid fraction when we prepare soymilk from soy beams), black beams and some few wheat flour and starch to help keep it together . I had to ad a lot of condiments but it worth. I think if I had nutritional yeast it would be even better.
Instead of frypan it with oil, I put it in a electric oven. I should had let less minutes, to get some juicemess. I didn't add oil into the patty mass.

Anyway I found what Impossible Foods uses to get the soy textured protein pices togeter in their Impossible Burger 2.0 version. It also keeps the juiceness. I bought it but I still need to test.

I don't want to create in home a vegan hamburger that tastes exactly like meat, since it's nearly impossible and I would get disapointed. But if I manage to create a vegan hamburger patty very yummy, and with the texture and juiceness of a good true hamburguer, or at least quite close to it, I will be happy.

A shame I can't find potato protein, since it's one ingridient of impossible burguer. I contacted a company nthat used to comercialize it for boddybuilding supplements, but the no longer work with it and the guy from email couldn't find who manufactured the protein extract in my country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I bought one of those devices and have yet to use it. I'll have to check out the video. If the device can turn cheap cuts of meat into something tasty, I'm all about that.

Mostly I wanted a way to get perfectly cooked food without having to tend to it. That would require knowing more than 20 minutes in advance of what you're having for dinner.

I decided about an hour ago that I'm making Japanese curry rice with pork tonight. I better get to it.

Last edited by All Darc; 07-24-2019 at 08:55 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
RustyLugNut (07-26-2019)