View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #183 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I got the Kinergy ST tires put on the other day. I've made a few trips on them and I am liking them so far. I haven't even pumped them up and I can certainly tell a difference from my old Fuzion HRi tires at 50 psi. I can't wait to pump them up and see how they do at a higher pressure.

This also means I have steel wheels with wheel covers. I think I'd like to do smooth wheel covers. The OE covers that are shown are pretty flat, perhaps modable to be a bit smoother? We'll see.

In other news, my mirror blanking plate has not held up well to the heat of summer. It was printed in PLA material and well... you get the idea. I need to finish and upgrade to my printer so I can print this with ABS or some other material that can handle the heat. For the time being, I have a mirror again.

You should try Lexan, black spray paint on the inside surface, and clear silicone. I used that for my mirror delete and its still holding up really well. No leaks either. Exactly the same as installed.