View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 01:26 PM   #85 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Here we go again...

With my last school job I paid bills with my credit card (0% introductory APR) and saved money for a new checking account that would pay interest. I do not know why I was waiting for this, I could have earned interest the very first month. I mentioned opening a new savings account for this latest job, but I keep forgetting the current "best" bank for that.

Vio Bank still has the best interest rate, although I found this checking account: Consumers Credit Union 5.09% Rewards Checking

I only expect to earn about $1,350 monthly with this job, so not only might I not bring home enough to cover the $1,100 I need to spend each month, there would definitely not be anything left to accrue interest, while I would start saving money in my Bank of America checking account.

The consensus on reddit seems to be this account is not worth the trouble.

If I deposited $1,350 each month and earned 5.09% interest, I would have earned $40.59 by the time I would need to pay taxes. I am not sure how much work I would need to put into earning that $5.07 a month on average, but it does seem unnecessarily complicated.

I would earn $1.97 in my Navy Federal savings account with 0.25% interest and $19.97 in Vio Bank with 2.52% interest--if it holds.

I like the idea of putting money into a different bank to make sure that I have it for April 15th, but I need to see if I can deposit to a savings account.

I went back to the school yesterday and met my new supervisor. She drove up to reevaluate a student and I chatted with her and the special education teacher.

Both seem nice. So far the paperwork seems more logical than Page and my current employer['s current requirements].

My supervisor did not feel comfortable estimating how many students I will roughly have, but they had twenty last year.

Twenty.

They are only half-hour sessions!

However, I will see some twice a week, and I will have guaranteed hours, so I guess that I will be reading my textbook at work.

My supervisor waited until I had submitted over a weeks' worth of notes and then complained that all of them had errors, she "had to" reject most of them.

It seems like she tells me "I had to reject" more than anything else.

I do not know what alleged errors she approved, but so far the ones she claimed were ridiculous. She said that my writing was unprofessional and inappropriate, I wrote the way that I talk (which is professional and appropriate), and she demonstrated a complete ignorance of my clients and their level of cooperation. So, she would tell me that something I wrote was bad and I should feel bad, I would search through the four paragraph abomination to find that phrase, ignore her irrelevant suggestion, and expand what I originally wrote so it should be clear to someone who only pays enough attention to try to find faults.

In order to work full-time for the school I would need to pick up hours as a bus driver or classroom aid. The latter would pay minimum wage and the former would pay somewhat better, but not as well as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant.

So, until I can get into grad school, these seems to be my best opportunities.