View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:04 PM   #6326 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
As I've said, and which nobody has objected to, when there's a person claiming imminent threat, and that there's no time to think but only to act, and that they are among the few that can save us, and that we must grant them authority... is pure corruption.
This strikes me as a straw man: who is saying that? The IPCC has released its reports to the public for decades; the thousands of studies are readily available to the public as well, and a lot of them originated at public universities, funded by taxpayers; the assessments of each IPCC report have gotten less rosy until finally some politicians are taking up the call to address this somehow, and they're putting forward things like proposed legislation which has to be voted on before it can be enforced. I'm not seeing anyone saying "there's no time to think but only act" (we've had decades to think, most people ignored or avoided it, and a huge number continue to do so) or "that they are among the few that can save us" (all the rhetoric I hear is that this will take a massive collective effort).

Or are you referring to something other than climate change? (I haven't been following all the posts here too closely).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-31-2019), redpoint5 (07-30-2019)