View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 04:26 AM   #86 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
Did things got complicated?! No way!

I am talking to the therapist that got me my second job. I have not looked at job openings since applying to this charter school, but I went to look up something, and saw that a tiny town forty-five minutes away is hiring a full-time SLPA.

This looks like the best SLPA pay that I have ever seen, potentially more than some SLPs earn full-time.

Quote:
Therapia Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist Assistant to fill an opening with a school district located near McNary, Arizona.
McNary is a census-designated place allegedly half an hour from here and ten minutes from the next town. The population in 2010 was 528.

That next town is the only nearby school district, but they do not show an SLPA opening.

McNary Public School District consists of one K-8 elementary school. The older kids go to that nearby town. Wikipedia says the school has 183 students.

So, what makes more sense, a school that small needs a full-time SLPA (SLPAs cannot work without being supervised by an SLP) and offers awesome pay, or this ad that says "SLPA" seven times has a superfluous A?

It looks like someone comingled SLPA and SLP ads.

This line sounds significant: "Supervises Speech-Language Pathology Assistants."

Of course, that next district has an SLP opening, but so do most districts.