View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #87 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The SLPA job posting has errors, but there are two factors that I missed:

1. Staffing agencies charge extra, which they may or may not pass on to the therapist.
2. This is not for the district ten minutes from McNary in my direction, it is for one half an hour the other way, an hour from me.

I do not have any idea what this agency charges, but they are offering over 50% more than the district would pay, which is about normal for a school, and honestly, had I seen the school posting, I would have applied.

The district's posted SLP rate is lower than I ever expected to see, about what Page paid me, and much less than this agency is offering for an SLPA.

I had a phone interview of sorts and we are doing paperwork. He said the pay is actually slightly less than they posted, but they cover 100% of benefits.

I paid $500 a month in Page. If you figure 20 school days a month and 8-hour work-days, that is worth $3.125 an hour.

I would just need to bail on the part-time school job at the last minute, although I never filled out any paperwork. I do not know how many of my clients I would be able to keep.