View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #89 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I keep doing everything for this full-time job as soon as I can. They asked when they could call me yesterday and, since they are three hours ahead of me, I said 0630 our time, and they did. The district is firm they want an ASAP start, so I hoped to have a phone interview yesterday, especially because I did not have any clients. I ended up buying earbuds, wearing them under my hearing protection, and listening to bad music as I mowed the lawn. I did not receive any updates from the staffing agency, but my supervisor informed me she she filled out the survey they sent her. I do not know if it is more a reference request or a skills assessment, but hopefully it was adequate.

They messaged me the first thing this morning and told me they had everything they needed, so maybe that survey was the hold-up. I am supposed to see seven clients today, but I will probably only see three.

My goals are:
  1. To support myself
  2. Help people
  3. Get into grad school

I have been barely making ends meet, but if this job works out, I should also be able to pay off my student loans and credit cards. I have mostly paid down my student loans. My credit cards are at 0% interest for several months.

I only averaged seven hours a week on my last paycheck, so that did not do much for any of my goals, but if I can pick up 56 new kids, and continue seeing seven home clients, that is 63 kids a week! At least three times as many! :P

I do not think my agency would ever get me the twenty hours a week that I need to get into the program that I want, the only one that seems like it would work for me. I expect far more students to apply to on-line programs because nobody wants to move. Everybody suggests those, but I expect them to be even more difficult to get into, although deciding you cannot do something without trying is worthless.

Everything I thought I knew was wrong!

There are twelve on-line SLP programs and when I looked at American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's list, three showed that they accepted students with lower GPAs than I have, while I have a better GRE score than the average they accepted.

I need to apply to them this year!

Arguably it still would have been worth the endless time and money to apply everywhere, but it did not seem like a good use of my resources.

Well, anyway, if I get this full-time job I can apply to NAU's summers-only program, and I am sure that women will finally like me!

I just hate being on limbo I accepted a part-time job offer that, with my current job, would have helped me meet my goals, just not nearly as well. Should I tell them that I may have an offer I cannot refuse? I am also slacking with my first job due to my current uncertainty. If I knew yay or nay I would take care of everything immediately. I just do not want to fulfill my responsibilities one day and then back out of everything the next...

...so I am not fulfilling my responsibilities indefinitely...