View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #250 (permalink)
litesong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
The only ICE only vehicle sold in the USA in the past 10 years EPA rated at or above 50 mpg highway.....
Your post was:
"What non-hybrid returns the 50 mpg highway.....".
I gave you answers, which you add "if's", "and's" or "but's" to. As to repeatability, I repeated those 50MPG claims, as other people have repeated their 50MPG runs. For a time, I even averaged 46MPG on several of the cars, including traveling over 4000foot mountain passes. One of my cars got 50+MPG, while climbing over a 5500 foot mountain pass, a 4000+foot pass, total up & down course of 11,000+ feet & 380 miles..... while stopping lots to take photographs. & that car only had a lower geared 4speed tranny, not the 5speed tranny.
Now, you add to your "if's", "and's" or "but's", that used cars are affordable, which you never included in your opening statement. As for me, I know the difference between the cars I've owned for decades & "used & abused crap cars". The term "used & abused" will apply in even greater percentages to Electric Cars & their abused battery packs. You just keep adding disqualifying stuff to your original statement.
You go your way, & I'll just keep repeating my cars to 50MPG.... even more.

Last edited by litesong; 08-12-2019 at 06:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to litesong For This Useful Post:
Xist (08-12-2019)