View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #6544 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
input signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Humans and our livestock now outweigh wild land vertebrates 50:1.
Access to super cheap, super dense, carbon energy for the last 70 years has caused a "Great Acceleration" in human development and allowed us to increase the scale and complexity of the current civilization far beyond the normal carrying capacity of the Earth. We are taking more than our share and are several decades into biological overshoot.

A Laissez Faire free market cannot address this since there are no input signals to represent how much value a low entropy nonrenewable resource like Phosphorous or crude oil would have to someone in the future who no longer has enough to survive.
And
Labor has no leverage ( it never really did) to demand a fair share of the social surplus it creates due to overpopulation, globalization, and automation. The owners of production are in the position to also take much more than their share and let the workers "eat cake" if they don't have enough food.
I would argue that a free market would have the proper signals if all consumers knew what was going on.Personally,even though I spent 16-years in school I never received an education.
No surprise though if,the business of America is business.That would mean that the strategy for the nation would be to make mushrooms of the population:keep 'em in the dark,and feed 'em ---t.On that account then,we have a great success.
Parents are free to limit their family size,educate their children,stay away from credit as Jesus mandated,practice thrift,and never be in a position where principles must be surrendered for the sake of putting bread on the table.
I eat all the cake I want because I don't have a mortgage, car payment,credit card debt,and borrow money at usury,to obey television's mandate to 'shop.'
The system's available to everyone that can operate a pencil,piece of paper,and a two-dollar pocket calculator.