View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #6606 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
No one on here said the green house effect wasn't real.
So that eliminates all the green house Venus straw man.
The planet has been warming since towards the end of the the last ice age. I don't think anyone here ever said the climate stays the same. Predicting warming is like predicting the tides.
One decade being warmer than another is not the definition of climate change.
Predicting El Nino weather and comparing that to a climate change prediction is an incredible stretch. These days they call it long term forecasting.
Mount Kilimanjaro being ice free 10,700 years ago and now just tells us it's likely ice free multiple times during an interglacial period so that doesn't prove anything. Sounds more like denier talk.
I'd have to go back and find your exact quote,but in the past,you've implied that scientists have never been able to predict anything with success.When I read what you posted,I immediately thought your comment non-factual,so I've made an attempt to flag items that provide counter-factual evidence.
*I don't know what you mean about Venus.
*Predicting warming with anthropogenic greenhouse gases is nothing like predicting tides.
*When decadal warming goes beyond the bounds of trends recorded in the paleoclimate record,it is exactly by definition, global climate change.
*Predicting an El Nino was a complete scientific coup.
*Predicting global climate change entails a more rigorous mathematical model.
*The lesson from Kilimanjaro is,that Lonnie Thompson's understanding of ice dynamics was verified by direct observation of the ice cores retrieved on the ice cap,which dovetailed with the ice cores from all over the world,allowing glaciologists to better understand the last four ice ages,up to that point,a bigger mystery.Their research proved the myth of the Younger-Dryas/thermohaline cycle connection,a major breakthrough in climate science.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (08-31-2019)