View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #68 (permalink)
pete c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknomage2012 View Post
NOPE
There are things in life more important than just money and ROI. Like the ability of my grandchildren to breath in a world not fighting over centralized oil resources!

Bean counters make me sick!
"Bean counters" may make you sick, but the fact remains that the world runs on beans. You can make believe this is not the case and perhaps you have, through fortune and or hard work, gotten to a place where you no longer need to count them. But the vast majority of the planet isn't there. We we continue to count them.

So, I think I speak for most of my fellow bean counters when I say kiss my beans.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I really like that thing. I think that putting the motors at the wheels is the way to go. It does increase unsprung weight and that is a concern, particularly in high performance vehicles.

Where I do have a problem is with the fact that this vehicle makes no economic sense. It will not be available to the masses, so it doesn't solve a damn thing. It is a play toy for the rich, especially those that want to point out to the bean counting masses, that they are doing something to save our grandchildren.

No, you arent.

My guess is that a vehicle with 80% of this one's capability can be built for 40% of the cost. THIS is what will put a dent in our resource use.

Use more aluminum and plastic and a little less CF. Or figure out a way to build with CF economically.

I thought Edison 2 was going to be the company to deliver this. Not sure what happened. Perhaps those that don't want it built jammed enough beans up his ass to make him go away.