View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #670 (permalink)
ptsmith24
EcoModding Apprentice

El Camrino - '90 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
If I come to a stop and it is reading 0.98 mph, it just stays there. It doesn't look like it factors into the iMPG calculation, since that is at 0.00 mpg, but my question would be if it would screw up the "idle gallons" since it's displaying that it's moving. I should also add that this was happening when I was running v0.70.
Sometimes mine will get caught a little bit above 0.00 But, when I roll just a little bit forward, it sets back to zero. Try that and see what happens.

Quote:
Question:
How is the EOC miles being calculated? Is it based on a VSS signal and no Injector signal, or is it based on an iMPG of 999999? Lots of times when I EOC, I get a reading more like 298929 (and it holds constant there), which is HUGE, but could screw with things if it's not programeed correctly. If it's based on iMPG perhaps we could say any reading over 1000 mpg is "EOC".
My Instant MPG reading was that high with v0.71, but I haven't tried EOCing with v0.72

I believe it's basically no injector signal but a VSS reading.

Quote:
Question:
How much power does this thing use when the car is off? On my iDuino board, the two LED's stay on all the time, I know that doesn't use much, but it must be using something. Thanks.
Are you worried about batteries dying or what? I've leaved mine parked overnight several nights and there was no hesitation in starting. It probably doesn't use more power than the ECU does (I believe the ECU has some sort of memory requiring constant-on power)

Hope that helps.