View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 03:17 AM   #74 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Is this the right thread? I have difficulty keeping all of these wandering threads straight.

YouTube recommended a video of someone calling Dave Ramsey and complaining about wealth inequality:

Dave: "Corporate taxation is reflected in the price of goods in other words if Verizon has to pay taxes, a higher tax rate then it's going to be reflected in the higher cost of goods."

Then: "The company that I own is a corporation and I own 100% of it, it's incorporated, so I guess I'm corporate America. I don't I don't think you meant that I'm evil corporate America like you were aiming at, but I am a corporation. Now if you raise the taxes on that company on your basis then do you not think the cost of a Total Money Makeover book or the cost of a financial peace kit for you to attend the class is going to go up? Well of course there can goes up so really who paid the taxes the consumer."

That sounds like what someone else was saying...

I started a second job several weeks ago and they periodically talk about me driving a bus for them. I enjoyed driving a bus and miss it. I earned $15.13 when I quit in 2007 and they pay $17 hourly, which seems like a terrible improvement over twelve years, 12% in 12 years, but I am sure there have been few raises since 2007.

I miss it, but it took a while to get the hang of two jobs; I wasn't eager to start a third, especially a third that required me waking by 05, and particularly a third that paid less than the second, and a fraction of the third, but I do not have a CDL, and they do not train, so how would I get one? Get a job with the local district, which pays $11 an hour (minimum wage) for training, and $12 an hour as a driver?

I was hired at $12.13 in 2002.

The thing is, as a licensed professional, my first job pays way more an hour than the second--doing the same thing. I work twenty hours in three days in the second job. If I picked up seven day clients during those three days I would earn slightly more with the first job, but I have other reasons for taking it.

On Friday my first boss e-mailed everyone saying that Arizona is giving all therapists a big raise and he told us what our new rates were. I have been talking to other therapists in Facebook groups and trying to make sure that people earn what they are worth. One woman keeps saying that she earns 7% less as a W-2 employee than my agency would pay someone on a 1099, but another woman only earns 71% as much as my organization would pay her.

Wait, what is the wage gap? Why does it exist?

A couple of ladies said they were paid much worse and started talking about asking for a raise, but now it seems like they are not going to do anything about it.

Thirsty horses!