Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #71 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
Azar said those steps including lowering costs in Medicare Advantage, allowing those beneficiaries to create savings accounts and accelerating access to the latest medical technologies after being approved by regulators.
He also protected black colleges. Should help get them off the plantation.

Scott Adams Ep682 26:00] is saying we are seeing a reboot of the Republic. I always thought it was a Union.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #72 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Reaffirming the right of a private business (black college) to discriminate is the right thing to do, because we have the right to freely associate and freely do business. Same reason black colleges should be allowed to exist is the same reason the Boy Scouts have the right to only accept boys.

I don't like Medicare for the same reason I don't like Social Security; it's inefficient and predicated on an ever increasing population of young people to fund the every increasing cost.

It would have been much better to let people keep more of their money from the beginning and invest it to fund their own retirement and healthcare. If municipalities want a safety net for when family, friends, church\charity and community have all failed to help, they are free to set one up.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 10-04-2019, 12:22 AM   #73 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
It always bothered me that Boy Scouts only accepted scouts.

That is discrimination!

[Dad's car had a "I'm proud of my Eagle Scout" bumper sticker. I can build a fire with the best of them!]
redpoint5 (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 03:17 AM   #74 (permalink)
Not Doug

Is this the right thread? I have difficulty keeping all of these wandering threads straight.

YouTube recommended a video of someone calling Dave Ramsey and complaining about wealth inequality:

Dave: "Corporate taxation is reflected in the price of goods in other words if Verizon has to pay taxes, a higher tax rate then it's going to be reflected in the higher cost of goods."

Then: "The company that I own is a corporation and I own 100% of it, it's incorporated, so I guess I'm corporate America. I don't I don't think you meant that I'm evil corporate America like you were aiming at, but I am a corporation. Now if you raise the taxes on that company on your basis then do you not think the cost of a Total Money Makeover book or the cost of a financial peace kit for you to attend the class is going to go up? Well of course there can goes up so really who paid the taxes the consumer."

That sounds like what someone else was saying...

I started a second job several weeks ago and they periodically talk about me driving a bus for them. I enjoyed driving a bus and miss it. I earned $15.13 when I quit in 2007 and they pay $17 hourly, which seems like a terrible improvement over twelve years, 12% in 12 years, but I am sure there have been few raises since 2007.

I miss it, but it took a while to get the hang of two jobs; I wasn't eager to start a third, especially a third that required me waking by 05, and particularly a third that paid less than the second, and a fraction of the third, but I do not have a CDL, and they do not train, so how would I get one? Get a job with the local district, which pays $11 an hour (minimum wage) for training, and $12 an hour as a driver?

I was hired at $12.13 in 2002.

The thing is, as a licensed professional, my first job pays way more an hour than the second--doing the same thing. I work twenty hours in three days in the second job. If I picked up seven day clients during those three days I would earn slightly more with the first job, but I have other reasons for taking it.

On Friday my first boss e-mailed everyone saying that Arizona is giving all therapists a big raise and he told us what our new rates were. I have been talking to other therapists in Facebook groups and trying to make sure that people earn what they are worth. One woman keeps saying that she earns 7% less as a W-2 employee than my agency would pay someone on a 1099, but another woman only earns 71% as much as my organization would pay her.

Wait, what is the wage gap? Why does it exist?

A couple of ladies said they were paid much worse and started talking about asking for a raise, but now it seems like they are not going to do anything about it.

Thirsty horses!
Old 10-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

First, 'pay equality', then 'Where are the single men in my income bracket. I'm not going to 'date' down'?

Old 10-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #76 (permalink)
Not Doug

Turnip's executive order would benefit 6,000 out of 60.8 million beneficiaries, and they are generally wealthier: CNBC: Trump's Medicare reform would expand this tax-free account.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/04/trum...e-account.html
Old 10-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Social Security..... predicated on an ever increasing population of young people to fund the every increasing cost.
Ah, just like capitalism.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:05 PM   #78 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by litesong View Post
Ah, just like capitalism.
I've stated many times in many threads that rates of growth are unsustainable. Capitalism has flaws, but a dependency on growth is not among them. Debt growth has a dependency on economic growth to cover interest payments, but capitalism insofar as it utilizes the "invisible hand" to allocate resources and determine prices has no such dependency on a rate of growth.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #79 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The slippery slope is a fallacy. There is always some countervailing force. Like extinction.

Generic small-d debt isn't so problematic. It's the big-D Debt to central banks that puts us all on a hampster wheel.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The slippery slope is a fallacy.
That's true.
You can tell "don''T rump" isn't on a slippery slope, but ascending an escalator with its latest quote, "...in my great and unmatched wisdom....".
The truth of this statement is backed up by another "don''T rump" quote, as it looks toward heaven, "I am the chosen one".
Yes, "don'T rump" elevates itself into heaven..... without the help of God. Jesus, move out of the way.
The problem tho, is "don'T rump" is so high, he has left his people behind. Lastest poll shows 58% of the public back impeachment proceedings against "don'T rump".

Reply  Post New Thread