View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #51 (permalink)
Piotrsko
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
Well for starters, I don't have a DSG, I have a 6 speed manual, so I hold it in gear until about 3k rpm. It lost power, particularly in the above 2k rpm. On one on ramp, the procedure was: floor it in 2nd, flip on left signal, move left, shift to 3. It's now floor it, signal, shift, move left if I'm going fast enough. Couple of hp or lbft wouldn't make that much difference.

Regen light: the commute seems to be a mile short of what it wants to complete. So every so often, it now goes into constant regen every trip until I do the round trip to Carson and burn it out. Regen sucks and you know it's happening. If the light was on, I could run another couple miles on the freeway and avoid the DPF failure.

Imho, it wasn't voluntary, there was a binary choice, live with the fix, sell the car back. Since the DMV requires smog compliance, not fixing was not an option. I bought it because it solved a lot of my issues, I'll be darned if I need to part with it before it's worn out. I tend to hold cars 15+years, look at my signature.

Last edited by Piotrsko; 10-04-2019 at 11:27 AM..