View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:45 AM   #214 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Agreed, but that's the point of his commentary. It brought down the house at some film festival, but then it acquired an 'incel-adjacent' label and the reviews turned negative. Messr. Pool's assessment is 180°.

I didn't plan to see it because horror movie, but maybe I will — it's on a list after KonoSuba: Crimson Legend.

edit:
Akkad Daily weighs in, more thoughtful and less enthusiastic than Tim Pool: Joker: A Cultural Review
They were already starting that way before the label stuck. Apparently the reviewers react strongly to what they view the message of the movie is.

Probably jumping the gun. Figuring audiences will romanticize the Joker like Travis Bickle and see him as a justification for anti-social behaviour... even before those audiences have seen it.

-

Last movie watched in the theater was "Weathering With You", which was all kinds of eye candy. Tear-inducing eye candy, because as an artist, I was blown away by the hand-drawn animation and effects. If eyes could have orgasms, mine would have.

Shame I only got to watch it in the cinema once... I doubt the effect will be as jaw dropping on the small screen.