View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Andyinchville1
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
Ya, you won't have any issues with bolting up to the Prius' transmission because you won't be using it.

Weight savings won't make nearly as much difference in cruising mileage as aero. The Prius' aero will more than make up for its extra weight (most of which will be removed when you gut the hybrid system).

Are you looking for maximum mileage or minimum overall expense? A TDI swapped Prius would give max mileage, but I think getting a running Prius and using it as is would be cheapest. TDI into your Jetta would probably be the cheapest/best swap.

I do long distance delivery work and I'll be looking for maximum fuel economy and the smallest size I can reasonably use would be four-door hatchback although a wagon would be more ideal but less aerodynamic...

I thought the diesel Prius would be cool because you see so many videos with Ford's rolling coal against a Prius they will be fun to give them a taste of their own medicine a Prius rolling coal on the ford!

A Prius rolling coal against a regular Prius would also be kind of funny!

With YouTube videos actually paying money I would imagine possibly being paid more on YouTube videos than actually driving! Ha

Of course with my Twisted sense of humor I would like to buy a Tesla sell all the guts out of it and turn it into a gasser and go to a Tesla dealer complaining of it running roughly and watching their jaws drop to the floor when they see a big ol V8 in it... or maybe not a V8 necessarily just an internal combustion engine of some sort..

Anyways I am keeping my eyeball open for a relatively low-cost Prius to try to do a swap...

Theoretically diesel would be cheapest to run because you can actually make your own fuel whether it be black diesel straight vegetable oil or biodiesel...

Andrew
Ecky (10-10-2019)