View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:23 PM   #559 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
The ability of Trump to drive Devotees of a particularly extreme portion of a certain political religion nuts is among my favorite things about him. Unfortunately it's not becoming of POTUS. It's too bad it takes bad behavior to expose the insanity of most mainstream news entertainment.

I figured there was next to zero chance Trump could become the Republican nominee, let alone win the whole shebang. Then the Democrats ran the worst nominee they could have. Now media's insanity is all but assuring a 2nd term by wearing out the general public with their fake news and hyped non-stories of a particular political bent. News fired all their fact people and spent all their money on click-baity puppets. Now they tell you how to feel about things rather than give the facts and let you sort out your own emotions.

That leads me to my biggest concern; the degeneration of politics into cheap animal instinct type tricks. Rather than race to the top, we've got a race to the bottom, with the worst candidates most likely to garner attention.

I've noticed the same thing with advertisements. Back in the 50's you'd get an advertisement that ran several minutes and described the features of the thing being sold, and now we've got 20 second ads showing a car dancing to popular music with zero information about what's being sold. Same thing with politics.

This is the reason I don't pay attention to politics or advertisements anymore; there's zero useful information, and only entertainment being offered.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!