View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
U

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.e View Post
yes i've done some research but as this is my daily driver i don't have the luxury of taking this off the road to do any development work.. there don't seem to be any off-the-shelf kits for lpg into diesel and i don't want to do any damage experimenting.
There are some off-the-shelf dual-fuel setups, even though they're more frequently fitted to commercial vehicles.

This is an example I found on Google
https://www.lpgshop.co.uk/ac-stag-di...onversion-kit/

Quote:
i'm sure there are gains to be made with lpg - from what i've read it works in a diesel a bit like nitrous in a petrol (gas) engine - ie makes more power.
It doesn't actually work in a way comparable to nitro. It may eventually make more power, but it only happens because the Diesel AFR is so lean that it allows enough oxygen to burn some extra amount of fuel to be accurately burnt. And since the volatility of LPG increases the flame spread, the Diesel fuel also has a more accurate combustion which by the way leads to a better usage of its energy content.

Quote:
i don't want a faster car but maybe could be configured somehow to give my economy gains..
Using LPG to partially replace the Diesel fuel instead of supplement it is the way to go, and that's exactly the strategy followed by most operators who resort to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
rob.e (10-26-2019)