Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

This is a diesel, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.e View Post
Update:
I've booked for engine remap, should be mid-september i get this done.

The map runs the engine slightly leaner on part throttle (cruising) so i'm hoping to see a benefit.

Other positive of the map is it'll get me 309 ft lbs torque (418 Nm) if i need it, should make it pretty nippy i expect
leaning a diesel at part throttle. It's throwing me.

I didn't know Honda made a diesel. Honda quality engineering directed at a diesel power pack sounds like a win to me.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 37.1 mpg (US)

Mom's grandmamobile - '06 Toyota Camry SE
Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,153 Posts
That is a beautiful car that I wish we had here, although it is far too new for me to consider. How often do you use the cargo carrier? Would it be possible to use a tow hitch-mounted cargo box instead? I am not sure how well that would work with your hatch, but that would fill the wake, instead of increasing drag.

Also, I am sure the guys here would say the cargo box would be more aerodynamic the other way.

Has anyone boat-tailed a cargo box?
Old Today, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
just joined..

Civic - '15 Honda Civic Tourer SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
That is a beautiful car that I wish we had here, although it is far too new for me to consider. How often do you use the cargo carrier? Would it be possible to use a tow hitch-mounted cargo box instead? I am not sure how well that would work with your hatch, but that would fill the wake, instead of increasing drag.

Also, I am sure the guys here would say the cargo box would be more aerodynamic the other way.

Has anyone boat-tailed a cargo box?
Hardly ever use the box tbh. Only when absolutely necessary.. it does make a difference to the economy but not a massive amount, less than you would have thought. The Thule box is a good aero design but yes i think you are right either a box tail or turning it around might be better.
Old Today, 03:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
just joined..

Civic - '15 Honda Civic Tourer SR
Update: REMAP.

I've had the car re-mapped a few weeks ago - this is a very common thing for diesel drivers in the uk to do, lots of aftermarket companies offering a re-flash to give you a map that normally just focuses on adding fuel and allowing more boost (= more power).

I found a company that offered a map that also considers the efficiency on low/part throttle and aims to improve on the factory settings.

It's much smoother with the new map, general driving its a nicer car to drive. Full boost is much stronger and it picks up speed much better than before (and uses more fuel as a result) but when i'm driving eco to the max it is much easier to get higher MPG numbers than i was before.

It's now easier than it was before to get in the 70s mpg on my commute. Best i've seen was one motorway (freeway) stretch a couple of weeks ago that was constrained by traffic and speed cameras to 50mpg. Over around a 20 mile stretch i got up to 100 mpg which is the best i've seen on this car.

Next i've got some aero tweaks i want to make; grille blocker, diffuser and wheel covers - i'll get going on those mods in the next few weeks.

Reply  Post New Thread