View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 09:41 PM   #7782 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Its good you agree with me.... on an average. Yeah, thanks for agreeing with me. I'll give you a big "Thanks" in your post.
Just remember when I mock you for going off your meds and lapsing into leet-speak.

Be aware that I don't pick sides. My long-term prediction is runaway greenhouse, punctuated by an asteroidal winter.

Meanwhile, I compare the [occasional] TV weather report with the NOAA maps on Suspicious 0bserver's space weather report [daily]. Example:

Today, a lightning arc discharge crater. That's the same thing that created the Grand Canyon.

edit:
Reforestation is what people can do on their own. Here's a story about turning waste land into forest in 26 years through simple hydrological means:

It's a good companion piece to Kirsten Dirksen's Dryland harvesting home hacks sun, rain, food & surroundings

2nd edit:
This just in:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG
Chile climate summit canceled four weeks into activists ...
[Search domain http://www.cnn.com/2019/10/31/americ...tl/index.html] https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/31/ameri...ntl/index.html
Oct 31, 2019 · A group of climate activists crossing the Atlantic by sailboat to a UN summit in Chile were shocked to learn the event was canceled -- four weeks into their grueling voyage.
Also, our President has announced that Palm Beach, FL is his family's permanent address. So, I guess he's not skeered of those limestone cavern growing, ever growing, under the state.

3rd edit:
Is everyone loosing enthusiasm for the subject?

This morning on Fark.com:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitori
Tomorrow, tomorrow, maybe tomorrow - climate disaster is only 12 years away. Make it 20... 50? 100 years?

Seriously - there isn't a single climate model that has proved anywhere close to accurate. "Climate Scientists" have been making these kinds of forecasts for 30 years now.... and none work. The climate is simply too complex for the data inputs we have.

From the IPCC Evaluation Of Climate Models

https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uplo...er09_FINAL.pdf

"Almost all CMIP5 historical simulations do not reproduce the observed recent warming hiatus. There is medium confidence that the GMST trend difference between models and observations during 1998-2012 is to a substantial degree caused by internal variability, with possible contributions from forcing error and some CMIP5 models overestimating the response to increasing GHG and other anthropogenic forcing. The CMIP5 model trend in ERF shows no apparent bias against the AR5 best estimate over 1998-2012. However, confidence in this assessment of CMIP5 ERF trend is low, primarily because of the uncertainties in model aerosol forcing and processes, which through spatial heterogeneity might well cause an undetected global mean ERF trend error even in the absence of a trend in the global mean aerosol loading. "

And if you ask the Physicists:

"Researchers show new Ice Age May begin by 2030"

The arrival of intense cold similar to the weather that raged during the "Little Ice Age", which froze the world during the 17th century and in the beginning of the 18th century, is expected in the years 2030 to 2040. These conclusions were presented by Prof. V. Zharkova (Northumbria University) during the National Astronomy Meeting in Llandudno in Wales by an international group of scientists, which also includes Dr. Helen Popova of the Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics and of the Faculty of Physics of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, professor Simon Shepherd of Bradford University (UK) and Dr Serg ...

Last edited by freebeard; 11-01-2019 at 12:38 PM..