View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #95 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Okay so on my Silver G1 I put three aero panels under the back. One of them was really huge compared to the other two. I still have the measurements so I could duplicate it.

But I'm wondering what I should do for max FE? Ecky for example put big sheets that go under the whole body of the car.

A thought was I could use coroplast I have left over from the Black G2 to recreate the old G1 pan. Then, because it attaches easily, I could do some ABA testing. A testing regimen would be like I accelerate to 10 mph then throw it in neutral and see how far the car goes before stopping. But aero drag is most prevalant at higher speeds. I could try like getting to 40 then at a certain point on a road I could throw it in neutral and see how far it travels before hitting like 25. But then I'd need to be going down this road quite a few times with no traffic there. I'd also need a suitable road.

Anyone have any ideas how I can test?
We know from a number of published wind tunnel research projects,that any paneling will 'show.' Honda's already done the pick and shovel work,so anything we do is just small incremental improvement.
If you ever do a boat tail later,any upstream smoothing will help deliver the highest quality airflow to the rear.
The boat tail though,is the moneymaker.On the open road.
Natalya (12-22-2019)