View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Are baby boomers conspiring with Toyota to destroy the world?

Millenials hate them!

MIllenials blame baby boomers for everything they do not like. I guess that I am just old enough to not classify as a millenial (Supposedly that is anyone born after 1980, although some simply say "child of a baby boomer"). I certainly am not a baby boomer (born 1946 - 1964). I date millenials, but probably agree with baby boomers most of the time. I had time to spare, so I tried to understand the millenials' perspective. I started reading several articles and rage quit each and every one of them because the articles simply established that millenials are largely spoiled and entitled children.

They entered the workforce during the great recession. I graduated from college in 2007 with a useless degree, could not find a job, joined the Army, and paid off my loans myself.

That useless degree sure makes me sound like a millenial! However, apparently a millenial would have moved back with his parents and blamed them for ruining the economy.

Well, focusing on the great recession, regardless of who you blame, that person is probably a baby boomer. Google says that Franklin Raines is responsible for subprime mortgages. This article lists eight specific people that directly contributed to the recession and then a list of bankers that also made horrible mistakes. Five of those eight are baby boomers: https://www.theguardian.com/business...reat-recession

People like to blame the person that they dislike the most, but it sure seems like it was a perfect storm of poor decision making.

"Real estate prices will go up forever!"
"That must be true because I want it to be!"
"Here, have a mortgage! You have a good job and will make all of the payments, right? [wink wink]"
"Of course! [wink wink]"

How could that possibly go wrong?!

To my complete astonishment, after failing to find a single article that I felt was balanced and well-written, I decided to give Huffington Post a chance. I believe that I have completely avoided them for several years, but I will summarize their article with statements and responses from it:

Baby boomers are responsible for Brexit!
No, The "Remain" campaign underperformed.

Baby boomers undermined the economy!
At their age, they do not need to buy as much stuff! Besides, they are still supporting their adult children!

Baby boomers will bankrupt Social Security!
Vote for candiates and laws that will fix it!

Baby boomers ruined the environment!
Most of the people who signed the Paris Accord were baby boomers.

Baby boomers are selfish!
Why are you still living with your parents?

Did baby boomers do a worse job than previous generations? I do not know. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	28
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	27205