View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #108 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
The Cybrtrk still looks ugly to me. That's still the only negative, but it is kinda important

I've read about a 'Cybertruck Reaction Cycle' ... where the initial shock and dislike of the truck becomes acceptance and finally desire. Some people went through the cycle in an hour. Some in a day. And others are reporting that it took a week. I think when we hit a month and longer, there will be reports of those times as well.

If it happens to me, it'll be more in the range of a month, or maybe a year?

I am on the fence ... A model Y or a Cybrtrk? On specs alone it should be the Cybertruck. Lower cost, more utility ... if only it wasn't so FUGLY!

The deposit is $100 US ... so maybe I'll take a chance and just order one. It'll lock in the cost of the full self-driving ... maybe I'll cover all the bases and order both a Y and a cybertruck and figure out which one fits the best when they get closer to delivery? Contrary to what is claimed, I don't believe that we, in Canada, will see the Y until 2023, the Cybertruck maybe 2024.

It's not just my issue ... I don't think that my wife would drive around, even as a passenger, in the Cybertruck. She's still in the disgust part of the cycle ... I'm perhaps a bit closer to the acceptance portion ...
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-02-2019)