View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
2016 Versa
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
I ended up trying one of the throttle controllers. I got it one day last week and got it installed on the car Saturday. I was about 314 miles into the tank when I installed the controller and the Ultra Gauge was showing 44 MPG when installed. I drove on that tank until Sunday and 433.5 miles on the tank. The Ultra Gauge reading went from 44 MPG to 44.6 MPG in less than 120 miles. Actual mileage on that tank was 45.6 MPG. I can tell that the controller in Economy mode does slow down throttle response and RPM's don't rise as high on uphill grades as it did before. Before with the c/c set it wasn't uncommon to see the RPM's jump to 3K+ on some grades that I drive often but since it's been installed and on Economy mode I think the highest RPM that's been reported is about 2750. On smaller grades 250-500 RPM reduction seems to be normal. I'm currently about 35 miles into the new tank of gas and the Ultra Gauge is showing 45.5 MPG. I've had better MPG tanks but this seems to be pretty good considering the current temps. If there's anyone else interested in one of these there's a seller on eBay that asks $69.99 for them or best offer. They will sell them for $60. I figure if it helps at all it won't take long to recover my money in fuel savings. Their claim is 3-8% better mileage. Looking back at my log from this past spring when temps were approximately the same as they are now those 5 tanks and 1 tank this fall average was 45.1 MPG so an average above that for the rest of the late fall/winter/early spring can probably be considered saving. This past summers average was 48.5 MPG so this gives me a baseline to see whether it's saving anything or not. Before I was not able to manually open the throttle as slowly as I can using the controller. I haven't owned this car in really cold weather teens and below so I don't know how much that's going to affect my numbers when it happens.

Last edited by 2016 Versa; 12-11-2019 at 04:08 PM..